Armenia has a visa-free regime with the majority of countries. Citizens of the following countries can obtain the visa upon arrival. Please use this website (http://www.mfa.am/en/visa/) to find out whether you need a visa to travel to Armenia or not.
Getting to the Venue
Participants are requested to book their flights to Zvartnots International Airport. Located 12 km West from Yerevan center, Zvartnots International Airport is the largest Armenian airport.
The airport is named after 7th-century tetraconch type Armenian cathedral Zvartnots, built by the order of Catholicos Nerses the Builder from 643-652.
Once arrived at the airport, we will pick you up and transport you directly to the conference venue.
IONS Yerevan 2018 participants can find good accommodation at YSU Guest House.
These are the accommodation costs for different room-types (breakfast inclusive):
- Single (Standard): 42 USD/day/person
- Double (Standard): 32 USD/day/person
- Triple (Standard): 23 USD/day/person
- Quadruple (Standard): 23 USD/day/person
- Double (Business): 37 USD/day/person
It is highly appreciated for students to share rooms to minimize accommodation costs. We will accommodate people of the same gender. For students coming with friends, we kindly ask to notify us (comment about it in the registration form) so you can share the same room.
Please note that check-in takes place after 2 pm. You can tell your preferred type of room during the registration procedure. Please, do NOT make a separate booking on your own.
Travel Grants will primarily be assigned to OSA, SPIE, and EPS student members. Priority will be given to students outside of Armenia, who are giving an oral presentation. Only students who have a poster or oral presentation are eligible for a travel grant.
Travel Grants depend on the geographical area:
- Neighbor students – 200 EUR
- Eastern and Middle-European students – 200 EUR
- Western European students – 250 EUR
- Near Eastern and North African students – 250 EUR
- Far Eastern and South African students – 300 EUR
- North and South American and Australian students – 300 EUR